If you know anything about us, you know we love our coffee in Winchester, MA! Besides having an extra caffeine boost in the morning or during lunch, sipping a hot or iced coffee makes the day better. Of course, there are always pros and cons to drinking caffeinated beverages, but we think one coffee is better than none, and we’ve got a few reasons to prove it! Here’s why you should start your day with a coffee at Swanton!
But First, Coffee (And Why We Need It)!
According to one article, it is estimated that an average coffee-drinker consumes between two-three 9oz cups of joe a day! But why are we so excited for that coffee break, and what makes it worth the wait? Well, apparently, it’s a natural craving – caffeine can actually boost our energy levels, and this is something our brains naturally crave. Here’s how caffeine works:
- When we feel tired, this is usually caused by adenosine receptors in our brains, which bind within our neural membranes to make us feel sleepy.
- Caffeine binds to these neural membranes to cut off the adenosine receptors, which stops us from feeling tired.
- Finally, caffeine makes our pituitary glands kick in. This turns on our adrenal glands, which produce adrenaline to give us that extra burst of energy!
Is Caffeine Good For Us?
It seems that every year there’s a new study out to prove the pros or the cons of caffeine. However, let’s face the facts: coffee is a cultural staple that isn’t going anywhere. And now, studies are proving that caffeine does in fact have more benefits than we thought! Some benefits of drinking coffee include:
- Reducing the risk of Alzheimer’s, heart disease, liver disease, and Type 2 Diabetes
- Reducing the risk of depression and anxiety
- Improved focus and weight loss in conjunction with exercise and a healthy diet
Enjoy a Coffee in Winchester, MA!
Of course, we serve much more than a steaming cup o’ joe! Swanton Street Diner is in the business of making delicious food and happy customers for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We look forward to seeing you soon!